There are times where the excesses of a previous evening have left me not feeling in peak physical condition. These painful and distressing times call for special measures.
No measure is as special as The Sandwich.
I'm blogging about this superfood today as I had one again over the weekend – it was great. Its magnificence lies in combining the two great food groups (cheese and meat) with the practicality of a sandwich. The mustard is key in cutting through blearyness.
I thought about taking a photo, but a combination of its not-so-photogenic appearance, my desperation to eat it immediately and not wanting to pick up my camera with greasy hands intervened.
The sandwich is of a very specific construction and I will attempt to describe it below.
Two slices of white bread
As much bacon as you have (if it's not smoked then the pig died in vain)
Lots of grated cheddar (should be fairly mature)
- Fry the bacon to your own taste of done-ness, but not too crunchy.
- Whilst sizzling, lightly toast the bread and grate the cheese.
- Spread mustard thickly on one slice of toast and add a small hill of grated cheese.
- Transfer bacon onto cheese trying to make sure that not too much of the cooking fat is lost.
- Put other slice on top and cut in half.
- Devour in front of inane TV (maybe Dave) with a cup of coffee and feel slightly better ...